Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week 7, Thing 17

I played in the sandbox--ok experience. But it was sort of powerful to write something and then see it appear on an "official" page. I really like the CA Curriculum Connections page and plan to go back there and spend a lot of time following links, etc.

As I said before, I see lots of potential for wikis in what I do. I have a group of 8 technicians/clerks that I work with (not supervise!) and one of my frustrations is that we have few opportunities to meet together, maybe only 2 or 3 times in a school year. So a wiki could become a virtual meeting place for us.

We have a Battle of the Books program in our middle schools and I am always encouraging people to write and share questions as we go through the weeks of practice leading up to the Battles. Not a lot of that happens but maybe the technology connection would entice kids--and adults--to add questions. Might even get some kids interested in the program who wouldn't otherwise give it a try.

So I think one of my goals for the next school year will be to incorporate wikis into my work with students and with staff. I don't have a clear idea of how that will look right now but by the time school starts in August I will have a plan!

No comments: