Monday, April 14, 2008

Week 5,Thing 11: LibraryThing

I finally found something that is truly fun and useful, at least it will be in my life! I've spent the last 2 or 3 hours playing with LibraryThing, entering some books from my personal collection, and reading what a lot of others have to say about books, libraries, and whatever else is on their minds.

I entered about 2 dozen books from my shelf of favorites, either from my book club, or just things I won't ever part with because, someday, I want to read them again. I'm going to introduce this to the others in my book club and will certainly use it to get suggestions of things we might like to discuss as a group. And I'm going to experiment with it at school to see if I can somehow incorporate it into what our students see/use. I think they might have fun with it too.

1 comment:

librarymum said...

Isn't it fun to find a thing like LibraryThing? I used it this year for a class I was taking to keep track of the books we used for the class. It has so much potential. Have you tried it at school with your barcode scanner? You can just scan the ISBN barcode on the back of the book and you're in! There are so many ways we can use it.